The Christian Brothers established a community
at Oatlands in 1951 and the first students were enrolled in September of that year. In
April, 1955, the students moved to the present location of the College which is a few
hundred metres from the Stillorgan Shopping Centre.
A single storey wing incorporating Science laboratories, a Geography
room and extra classrooms, was built in 1969. In 1980 a large modern
Sports Hall was opened. In 1995, external fire escape stairways were added, a new central heating system was
installed and the whole school building was rewired. In 1999 a further extension included a Technology Laboratory, a Home Economics room, new
classrooms, offices and preparation rooms.
The last 2 years has seen more improvements in Oatlands with the new
B wing building containing two Science Laboratories,
a Technology Room, a second Computer Room, a Drawing Room, a Music Room
and two Classrooms.
Planning approval has been received for the new Sports Hall and work has
begun, with the building expected to be completed before the end of