Guidance programme commences from the time a student enters Oatlands
College. Junior cycle classes receive guidance in such areas as:
In the Senior Cycle the above programme is
expanded to include:
- the transition from Primary School to Secondary School.
- study skills and setting learning targets;
- learning to work and co-operate with others;
- learning to take responsibility;
- the positive appreciation of school organisation and the
- self-awareness and aptitude discovery (each student is provided
with his aptitude profile to help him in his subject choices for the
- career and vocational guidance at a personal level;
- realistic appraisal of aptitudes and academic potential;
- comprehensive information on Third Level Education;
- preparation for and evaluation of Work Experience (Transition Year
and Leaving Certificate Vocational programme).